SMILE Small-Incision Femtosecond Lenticule Extraction
The latest generation method in refractive surgery with Laser. Now for the first time in Greece available from the Ophthalmological Institute “diathlasis”.
Refractive surgery with the new SMILE method changes the data in refractive surgery. The innovative SMILE technique in combination with Femtosecond technology, performs high-precision corneal tissue removal, depending on the degrees we want to correct, achieving greater safety and less time for refractive surgery.
The Laser creates in the corneal tissue a lenticular meniscus that is removed from a small incision (less than 4mm) and no flap is created.
The correction is performed exclusively with a state-of-the-art Femtosecond Laser (Vislax by Carl Zeiss).
The pioneering technique of ReLEx SMILE offers the following key advantages:
- It is less invasive than LASIK, because it does not create a flap, avoiding the possible complications it can bring, and at the same time offering more advantages such as:
- maintaining the natural industrial stability of the cornea
- proven to be less postoperative dry eye, because the nerve plexus of the cornea is slightly affected
- ewer imported optical aberrations
- xcellent predictability and long-term stability of results, regardless of the degree of correction.
- The procedure is performed in a single Laser, offering minimum surgery time and greater comfort for the patient.
- It has the potential for a wider range of myopia corrections.